Sr. Environmental Engineer
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Land O--Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We--re a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another--not Wall Street. We--re proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progressionSr. Environmental EngineerThe
Sr. Environmental Engineer is responsible for all environmental
compliance activities and wastewater treatment at our Carlisle
plant operations at our 100+ employee manufacturing plant. This
position manages other technical resources and leads technical and
cultural change in facility environmental and sustainability areas.
This role is 50% Tactical and 50% Strategic work.This position is
responsible for ensuring Environmental Compliance and Corporate
Sustainability goals are met, managing budgets and projects related
to areas of responsibility, and serving as backup to the EHS
Manager and the PSM Manager.Environmental Compliance and
- Develops, directs, and manages environmental programs to ensure
compliance with EPA, State/local regulations.
- Provides plant performance information and action plans for
performance improvement to Senior Management, completes compliance
related tasks associated with permitting, reporting and auditing.
e.g. Air emissions, SWPPP, SPCC, Tier II, Form R, etc.
- Leads changes and promotes a culture of compliance and
- Manage/direct plant sustainability activities including
sustainability walks and tracks sustainability action plans related
to water and energy savings, solid waste reductions and recycling
improvement. Provides training to meet environmental compliance
requirements and Corporate Sustainability objectives. Manage all
regulatory inspections.Manage Wastewater Treatment Facility:
- Manages/direct large wastewater treatment plant operations to
ensure compliance with discharge permit requirements.
- Mentors and trains 6 fulltime employees.
- Trains Maintenance Department employees as backup treatment
- Manages outside contractors. Responsible for
multi-million-dollar treatment plant budget.Capital Projects:
- Develops and manages million-dollar environmental and
wastewater related capital projectsEHS Backup:
- Serve as the backup to the EHS and PSM Managers covering OSHA
compliance, Compass Walks, Corporate reporting & chemical expert
- Bachelor--s degree (B.S.) in Chemical or Civil Engineering or
related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of EHS Management experience in a Food or
Industrial Manufacturing setting.
- The following Safety & Environmental certifications are
preferred; PE, FET, CSP, ASP, CHMM, CEM
- Wastewater license or working towards obtaining one will be
- Experience with industrial wastewater plant
practices.Competencies Highly Preferred:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. POWER BI and AutoCAD
- Current Safety & Environmental certifications are preferred;
PE, FET, CSP, ASP, CHMM, CEMPhysical Requirements for production
positions regularly include: ?
- Frequent movement including walking, standing,
bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising
arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or
hot environments for extended periods and may include work in
environments where dust is presentNote: Carlisle plant is a 24/7
operations. Off shift hours, weekends and holiday may be required
as needed.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce,
including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant
to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O--Lakes, nor its search
firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information
over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like
this, please do not provide the information being requested. Land
O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and
all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at
844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Levittown , Sr. Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!