Advanced Practice Provider - Physician Assistant - Orthopedics (Northeast Per Diem)
Company: Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Responsibilities Responsibilities: The advanced practice
provider (Physician Assistant) within the acute care hospital
setting works in collaboration with, and is an integral member of,
a multidisciplinary health care team. The APP provides
comprehensive care on the inpatient Orthopedicsservice. Assessment
- Performs complete history & physicals and documents in the
- Orders and collects data using appropriate assessment
techniques, relevant supporting diagnostic information and
diagnostic procedures where indicated.
- The APP may serve as the first responder for both nursing and
house staff in the event of patient status changes, orders, and in
situations requiring procedural and resuscitative
- Assesses for risks associated with the care of the acute and
complex chronically ill patient including: medication side effects,
immobility, impaired nutrition, fluid and electrolyte imbalance,
immunocompetence, invasive interventions and diagnostic procedures.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care team in making
diagnoses of acute and complex chronic conditions.
- Manages diagnostic tests through ordering, interpretation,
performance, and supervision.
- Formulates differential diagnoses by priority.
- Diagnoses complications and orders appropriate interventions
Formulates Plan of Care
- Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis, and formulates and
documents a plan of care to address complex acute and chronic
health care needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines and protocols in
an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across
- Implements and modifies plan of care.
- Prescribes diagnostic strategies and therapeutic
- May perform advanced procedures consistent with privileges and
competency validation. Communication and Collaboration
- Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with
interdisciplinary health care team.
- Facilitates and communicates with patient, family and staff to
promote continuity of care across the inpatient and outpatient
continuum of care. Documentation
- Documents/dictates key components of patient's progress via
daily progress note, transfer, and discharge summary, and or clinic
note where applicable. (h&p, daily progress notes, plan of
care, problem lists, procedure notes, acute event note, discharge
summaries, in medical record per specific patient unit or service,
- Documentation is timely, meets acute care compliance standards
and captures patient acuity. Professional Practice
- Demonstrates Professional Practice behaviors including:
preceptor/mentoring, education and instruction of graduate
- Seeks opportunities for active engagement in research and the
analysis of evidenced based practice.
- Actively participates in Advance Practice Grand Rounds and
specialty specific meetings.
- Maintains CEUs, and membership in a professional organization.
Qualifications Qualifications Masters Degree National Board
Certification as aPhysician Assistant BLS certificationClosing
Statement Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and
Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad
reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest
employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in
Philadelphia based on total licensed beds. Through the merger of
Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017,
our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an
NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university
offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide
students with a forward-thinking education in architecture,
business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health,
medicine and social science. Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of
Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital
academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system
through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington
Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and
Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent
care centers; ten Magnet-designated hospitals (recognized by the
ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel
Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in
the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth
networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole
owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance
organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health
system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jeffersons mission, vision and values create an organization that
attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and
healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to
drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to
create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and
Do the Right Thing As an employer, Jeffersonmaintains a commitment
to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity
and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups,
LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Keywords: Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital, Levittown , Advanced Practice Provider - Physician Assistant - Orthopedics (Northeast Per Diem), Healthcare , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!