Senior Database Administrator (Hybrid)
Company: UGI Energy Services, LLC
Posted on: January 20, 2023
UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid
fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the
Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.We are a supplier, marketer, and
midstream services provider - one backed by 135 years of natural
gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along
with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level,
UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream
natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.With headquarters and
supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well
positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial,
industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to
come. We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option
of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6%
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300
- Pet Plan Insurance Job Summary : The Sr. SAP HANA/BASIS
Database Administrator is responsible for critical aspects of
database administration including installation, configuration,
upgrades, capacity/resource planning, performance tuning, backup
and recovery strategy, promoting process improvement, problem
solving, adhering to security policies and managing clusters of DB
servers. Experience is required for cloning production data to
development/test environments, and application optimization
including query optimization. The candidate must have SAP HANA
Database experience along with SAP BASIS. Oracle and MS SQL
experience would also be a plus. Responsibility includes security
and access controls and script automation for both the Linux and
Windows environments. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze & sustain capacity and performance requirements.
Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
- Work with business colleagues, vendors, and IT colleagues to
support IT projects and for KTLO (Keep the Lights On) activities.
Educate other IT and business personnel regarding IT Standards,
policies and procedures. Assist developers/contractors with complex
SQL tuning and make recommendations for schema refinement. Share
technical expertise with peers and other team members. Lead
discussions and brainstorming sessions with team members regarding
future database upgrades, performance. Create shell scripts for
task automation. Manage/install upgrades and patches to the
database and surrounding environments. Work with the Cyber Security
team to identify any vulnerabilities or exposures that threaten the
environment and remediate those threats.
- Work under direction of Manager of Data Management to plan for
installation releases, upgrades of database and supported database
software/tools. Assist with planning of project timelines and
budget of hours. Participate in strategic planning sessions for
budgeting and long-term goals. Provide analytical skills to
evaluate system performance, system health checks, and
implementation of tuning improvements.
- Prepare and review task assignments and planning documents.
Report on database transaction performance and database metrics
(Performance Statistics). Complete regular status reports and
forecasts for upcoming projects. Prepare project plans and task
lists for implementations. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SAP HANA (S/4 HANA, HANA 2.0) experience is required.
- Oracle (Oracle 12c/Oracle 19c) & SQL Server experience are a
- Good communication skills to work closely with Project
Managers, System administrators, Application development team and
other EDI Teams to complete the Database projects.
- SAP BASIS experience and/or familiarity is preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Knowledge of and experience with the following: SAP NetWeaver,
SAP FIORI, BOBJ, SAP Landscape Management, SAP FIORI, SAP GRC, Open
Text, SAP SSO, Tableau, a plus
- Work independently and be a good team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information
- At least 5 years of experience as Database Administrator
- At least 2+ years of experience with SAP HANA Database and
another 3 years with other RDBMS (Oracle/MS SQL/My SQL)
- ITIL Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in
- Preferred: Certifications in COBIT framework UGI Energy
Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status,
or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Keywords: UGI Energy Services, LLC, Levittown , Senior Database Administrator (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!