1st shift Production Lead
Company: Pitney Bowes
Posted on: April 25, 2021
Production Lead- Mail IndustryImpactAs a Production Lead you
will work with the Operations team to meet the company's mailing
productivity standards and requirements.-- You will help our
clients earn the best possible discounts on First-Class-- and
Standard-- postage. --Your career with Pitney Bowes will help you
be an integral part of the operation that will support not only
your career development but our business' continued
- Under direction from the Supervisor, assures the accurate and
timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC Equipment.
- Assigns workers to the appropriate equipment and job
- Sets up windows on the various machines using ECA & Winsort
- Verifies quality of sorted mail using MPTQM procedures.
- May be trained to Prepare USPS reports.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated
- Supervisory responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring,
training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies
and applicable laws.
- Oversees quality function in assigned area.
- Assures MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all
- Trains new employees on job functions or assigns designated
individuals to complete the training.
- Follows-up to assure processing proceeds at the pace needed to
meet postal deadlines.
- Reviews time clock hours of production workers including break
logs to assure accuracy.
- Interprets company policies to production staff as needed and
upholds safety regulations and practices.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of use of
equipment, working conditions, motivation of employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals and USPS postal regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports and effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and
- Ability to calculate and prepare various reports regarding
volumes, rejects, production reports and other pertinent data.
- Solid understanding of use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out verbal
or written instructions
- Ability to solve basic problems that arise in the production
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80%
of the time with or without accommodation.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule based on Business
needs; including overtime, weekends and Holidays with limited to no
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to
be able to understand and follow safety and other operational
directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native
language.--The TeamOur Presort Services team is a national
outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and
standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the
United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network
provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their
location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of
33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary
technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail
annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage
savings for our clients. --Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and
inclusiveness in the workplace.-- --M/F/Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.--All interested
individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who
cannot apply via our online application should refer to the
alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, Levittown , 1st shift Production Lead, Other , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!