2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Company: Pitney Bowes Inc.
Posted on: June 4, 2021
As a Production Supervisor you will work with the team to meet
the company's productivity standards and requirements. This helps
our clients earn the best possible discounts on First-Class and
Standard postage with our presort services. Your career with Pitney
Bowes will help you be an integral part of the operation that will
support not only your career development but our business'
- With direction from the Operations Manager or Assistant
Operations Manager, organizes the mail flow on the production floor
by assigning workers and assessing volumes and type of mail based
on current staffing levels to meet postal deadlines.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated
shifts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring,
training, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, and
addressing complaints/solving problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
company policies and applicable laws.
- Oversees quality function throughout the production area.
Assures MPTQM (Mail Preparation Total Quality Management) processes
and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assists Operations Manager in completing required USPS and
internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS
postal regulations. Assures clear and concise communication of
pertinent information between shifts.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of equipment
use, working conditions, and motivation of employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a production
- Minimum of one year of progressively responsible experience, in
a production environment preferred
- Knowledge of Internet, Email, MS Word, Excel and/or MS
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without
- Walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or
different shifts as needed with minimal notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to
be able to understand and follow safety and other operational
directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of
mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in
the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal
Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with
end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery
into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations,
and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process
approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to
expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with
disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should
refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with
Keywords: Pitney Bowes Inc., Levittown , 2nd Shift Production Supervisor, Other , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!