Now Hiring - Special Education Teacher
Company: Green Tree School
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a
non-profit state licensed agency that provides education,
therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism
Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School &
Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and
the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania
Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services is searching for a
Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor
students. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play an integral
role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom
team and dynamics.
Summary: This is a full-time, ten-month
position to provide general classroom instruction for students with
Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious Emotional Disturbance or
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students,
providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating
personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and
objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other
non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate
through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and
quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on “best practices”, continuously seeking new
ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via
bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet
the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and
academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning
experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, Paid school holidays, and paid time off.
Green Tree School & Services is an Equal Opportunity
All decisions related to employment will be determined by the
employee's ability to perform the essential functions of the job
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please
visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: Green Tree School, Levittown , Now Hiring - Special Education Teacher, Other , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!