POSITION TITLE: Produce Clerk
REPORTS TO: Produce Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To assist in the maintenance and operations in the Produce
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Verify and communicate the quality, count, and freshness of
2) Prepare merchandise in sales area. (Trimming, packaging,
weighing, and pricing)
3) Display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
4) Maintain freshness standards on counters.
5) Maintenance of equipment and housekeeping of back room and
6) Be aware of case temperatures and communicate any temperature
failures to the manager in charge.
7) Maintain good customer relations with prompt and courteous
8) Observe policies and procedures established for the
9) Follow "clean as you go" program to ensure clean, sanitary
10) Know product and product uses.
11) Greet all customers and be observant.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in the unloading of merchandise.
2) Transport stock to coolers and storage areas.
3) Monitor inventory of supplies and notify Produce Manager when
orders are needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Basic math skills and ability to accurately count product and
match against invoices.
2) Must have strong communication skills for assisting the
3) Must have dexterity in hands to enable trimming and packaging
4) Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise in their
5) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty
percent (50%) of the time.