EHS - Hiring Now!
Company: Dietz & Watson Inc
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Dietz and Watson, located in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator. This is an
excellent opportunity to join one of the country’s leading food
11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Maintain compliance with all plant safety and
environmental programs, including updating on an annual, or on as
needed basis, all written safety plans. These programs will
include but are not limited to: Hazard Communication, Lock out- Tag
out, PPE, Emergency Response Plan, Bloodborne pathogens, confined
space, hazard assessment, Covid-19 Prevention,
- Safety Committee Facilitator: coordinate agenda,
maintain attendance records and meeting minutes. Conduct periodic
compliance audits and document any findings by generating work
- Ensure all safety and environmental inspections,
recordkeeping and reporting is done accurately and on
- Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and
conducting safety and health training, including weekly huddle
meetings, new hire orientation and annual training of all plant
- Responsible for leading and conducting employee
incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Ensure that relevant documents are kept current
to including training records, environmental reports and any other
state or federal documents.
- Assist with administration of Workers’
Compensation claims including, but not limited to, recordkeeping,
consulting with health care providers, case managers and Nurse Case
- Maintain effective communication between Dietz &
Watson, Inc., Safety Department and Human Resources
- Work closely with plant management in optimizing
opportunities to reduce risks using Ergonomic evaluation, Job
Safety Analysis, and make recommendations for
- Plant Safety Audits
- Follow-up with Maintenance on all safety work
orders for completion.
- Maintain current labor law
- Drug Screening.
- Administer light duty – return to work
- Responsible for overseeing compliance with
regular inspections to include, but not limited to; fire equipment,
emergency response vehicle components, AED units, hoists, ladders,
eye wash stations and stored respirators. Will also work with
maintenance on plant inspections.
- Knowledge of Industrial Lift Truck
- Attend Workers’ compensation hearings on an as
- Maintain the plants’ safety award and incentive
- Work closely with Human Resources
- Ability to work in cold environment between 28
to 35 degrees.
- Periodic travel to our Baltimore, Maryland
Keywords: Dietz & Watson Inc, Levittown , EHS - Hiring Now!, Other , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!