Company: Green Tree School
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit
state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and
clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe
emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all
students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the
appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania
Department of Education.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a
fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition
reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services in Philadelphia,
PA is seeking a qualified Reading Specialist
to work directly with students. The Reading Specialist Supports the
mission of Green Tree School & Services by overseeing literacy
programming for students in the APS. As a Reading Specialist,
you will play an integral role in the success of our students while
overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. This position will
provide literacy instruction and enrichment to student in
accordance with their individualized needs.
- Interpret results of literacy screening assessments for
planning student instruction.
- Provide diagnostic testing as needed to determine specific
instructional needs for students identified with reading and
- Provide recommendations on the selection of supplies and
materials needed for standards aligned curriculum and enrichment
interventions for reading and language arts.
- Develop instructional plans for use in the full classroom, as
well as individual or small group instruction.
- Plan and implement sequential learning experiences for students
using a variety of instructional strategies, consistent with
instructional goals, school wide initiatives/ objectives, and core
Curriculum content standards.
- Provide direct instruction in the areas of reading and writing
for identified students in both individual and small group
- Assist in the development and implementation of student
Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
- Maintains records and provide evidence of growth and progress
for school teams, students and their parents.
- Consults with teachers and paraeducators on instructional
strategies to support reading comprehension including phonological
awareness, decoding, word recognition, vocabulary development,
fluency development, ad study strategies.
- Summarize, interpret and disseminate current developments in
learning and instructional strategies through reading professional
journals, participation in professional development and involvement
in professional organizations.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of instructional materials
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal
opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We
are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our
employees and the students we serve. For more information about
Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our
- 2 year(s): Minimum of two (2) years or more teaching experience
within Special Education.
- Masters or better in Education
Licenses & Certifications
- Reading Specialist
- PA Teacher License
Keywords: Green Tree School, Levittown , Reading Specialist, Other , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!