Veterans Preferred - Replenishment Buyer
Company: US11344-AIRGAS Airgas Safety, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -44933 Replenishment
Levittown, PA - Warehouse
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Job Summary: Responsible for reviewing assigned Locations and
Vendors to replenish stock to maintain and improve service levels
within established Inventory levels and planning guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
Execute established Buying Cycle for assigned locations and vendors
to review suggested items for purchase using both an MRP and Legacy
computer system. This requires good decision-making and
- Ability, knowledge and understanding of the buying processes
outlined within the Hardgoods Purchasing Guidelines and Standards
to make sure Buying Cycles are followed and consistently working to
improve processes as needed.
- Adhere to a Day in the Life procedure, to include placing vendor
orders on time and per standards.
- Review of all JDA/Blue Yonder loads for assigned vendors on a
- Confirming all purchase orders placed on time and within set
- Expediting Purchase Orders and updating information on orders as
- Checking and using existing surplus inventory when available.
- Ensuring price changes are made or notification given to Buying
Center Managers or Sales associates when price discrepancies are
- Resolving invoice discrepancies and working with accounts payable
- Work with Distribution Centers to resolve receiving
- Evaluate fill rates and days on hand for assigned vendors and
locations and work with buying center management to improve
- Manage weekly and monthly MRP reports for assigned vendors.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Accounting or similar
discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a purchasing or inventory management
environment is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively
with all levels of outside vendors, management and associates.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently and be
- Ability to make decisions and follow guidelines.
- Microsoft PC skills in Excel are a plus along with Google
applications (Sheets, Drive, Gmail)
- Ability to enter and update continuous data into relevant
computer program 8 hours a day via keyboard and mouse.
- Knowledge of JDA/Blue Yonder, similar MRP systems, or SAP
software a plus, ability to learn rapidly is required.
- Strong customer service skills and experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel or crouch.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
the work environment is an office setting.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Are you a MATCH?
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Keywords: US11344-AIRGAS Airgas Safety, Inc., Levittown , Veterans Preferred - Replenishment Buyer, Professions , Levittown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!